Tektool

Danielle Heinzer DHEINZER%ESOC.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Fri Aug 3 11:13:30 AEST 1990

We are using "tektool" (now in /usr/old) since 2 years now.  Sun does not
support it anymore.  Now I would like to modify it: Catch the keyboard
focus event (SunView in click to type mode) and modify either the window
color and the frame label to show that this window has now the keyboard
focus.

I had the same requirement for a tty window (which I asked for in a
previous sun-spots mail), this is now working by using the
"notify_interpose_event_func".

When I use the same routine in the tektool program, the notifier complains
with "no condition for client". I presume that the notifier does not
recognize the tek subwindow as a client.

I do not get support from Sun Hotline, while the tektool is not supported
anymore.  Questions:

1. Do you know how to set a new notifier client (tek is a normal Window
   object, the source of tektool is /usr/share/src/sun/suntool)?

2. Do you know any public domain tektool (Tektronix 4014 emulation)?  SUN
   Hotline told me that there is a public domain version somewhere.

Danielle Heinzer
ESA Computer Department/Computer Services
European Space Operations Centre
Robert-Bosch-str. 5
6100 Darmstadt
West-Germany