Yes, there are other people reading this group

Jay Hiser jay at hqda-ai.ARPA
Tue Jun 14 21:52:59 AEST 1988

In answer to the recent concerns about the lack of readership here and
also my recent query on the emacs board -- OK, I'm here now & I'm
reading this board from now on.

I've just taken over a sys admin job on an OFFICE POWER site
(fortunately, none of the GS types are using unix!) that includes 3
Power 6/32s, approx 29 mighty Power 5/20s, and innumerable power
terms.  Having grown up on a VAX, BSD, vt100 environment, it is going
to take a while to adjust.  I'm told that none of the 6s has broken
for 6 months, so I can't ask for more reliability than that (the VAXes
broke weekly).

No, I don't think the site ever had uucp configured.   That doesn't
stop it from running uucico 4 before every hour -- its ready to be
opened up to the world (no this isn't being posted from my system).
Once I've got uucp working, I'm going to be looking for a news feed(s)
in the DC area.

To answer the emacs question, some of the CCI guys have got GNU emacs
18.50 on their P6 & also have a pt.el file for the powerterm.  I'm not
sure if my staff will be able to handle emacs without losing gray
matter, so I still might be looking for jove.  Oh yes, someone else at
CCI is using micro-emacs.

I'll be posting again as soon as I start to get ambitious (elm, news,
rn, less, etc.).

Jay Heiser