the endless trek

Jay Hiser jay at hqda-ai.ARPA
Sat Oct 8 06:58:44 AEST 1988

I guess its part of AT&T's standard distribution, but every SysV
update from CCI comes with /usr/games.  All the old favorites are
there like moo (put fortune in .logout).  It also always comes with
trek.

When I was a college senior, we had access to what was then a brand
new machine, the VAX 780.  Under VMS was trek, with klingons & tractor
beams & photon torps & everything.  It was great for those slow nights
in the comp center when I had no one to tutor.  Well, we've got more
important things to do around here than play games, but it would be
nice to fire up the Enterprise ocassionaly on those dark eves when
you're reading 9 tapes into the 1600 drives.

Everytime I start, it asks for skill level, game length & a password.
It alwyas hangs up on the password request and I end up having to kill
my session.  Has anyone ever gotten this game to work?

Jay Heiser

The Phantom Sysop