RE Wat's a "tahoe"

Jeff Wallace - S.E. jeffw at pyrnova
Sat Apr 8 01:04:17 AEST 1989

> From: jrg at Apple.COM (John R. Galloway)
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.tahoe
> Subject: What is a tahoe?
> Date: 6 Apr 89 05:09:18 GMT

> I give up, what the heck is a "tahoe"?

> apple!jrg	John R. Galloway, Jr.       contract programmer, San Jose, Ca

> These are my views, NOT Apple's, I am a GUEST here, not an employee!!

A "tahoe" is a unix based supermini computer manufactured by Computer
Consoles, Inc ( in Irvine). it comes in varrious flavors and is OEMed by
Unisys ( it will soon be droped - Sequent machine will replace it).
Harris has the manufacutring license and does re-package the unit.

       6/32e - 7000/30      5.0 MIPS    - reduced cache machine, but
					  same processor

       6/32 sx    - Small unit ( under desk version) of the 6/32. Made
		    for the office environment, limited # of ports, disks.

       6/32  - 7000/40      7.7 Mips   32 MB Memory 16 GB disk
               7000/51

       6/32 MP - 7000/52    15 MIPS?   dual processor version of the
	 				7000/40.

CCI was planning a power 7/64, but since they were bought out by STC of
England, there plans have been dropped.

      -m-------  Jeff  Wallace
    ---mmm-----  Pyramid Technology Corporation  Phone (314) 436-0713
  -----mmmmm---  St. Louis, MO                   FAX   (314) 436-7689