Screen program running on SYS V tahoe

4237 adams at swbatl.UUCP
Sat Dec 2 17:18:53 AEST 1989

This came up in pyramid  newsgroup but I thought I'd mention it here.
I've got the multi-session manager screen running on Sys V tahoe, if anyone
is interested.  I'll cheerfully send diffs.

In article <18404 at bellcore.bellcore.com> tr at madeleine.UUCP (tom reingold) writes
:
>Are you using the "screen" program that circulates around on the net?
>This is tricky to use on a Pyramid because of the two universes.  It
>updates /etc/utmp, which is a conditional link.  If it runs in the ucb
>universe, it updates the ucb version, leaving entries out of the att

Someone else using screen.  Wowza! Has anyone patched screen for Pyramid?
Seems easy enough but I'm kinda pressed on time right now.  I've made several
changes to screen, including getting it running on tahoe machines under
Sys V but have just been using it non-suid on Pyramid.  Another change I
made is a script(1) like mode rather than the screen at a time hardcopy
mode. Great for dumping vt100 screen stuff so it's easily editable.
#	---Tom Adams---	| uunet!swbatl!adams or adams at swbatl.swbt.com
# I collect pre-1930 wireless, electrical and scientific books.
# opinions... Opinions? I don't think I'm allowed to have opinions.