Is gcc available for tahoe architecture?

Badger BA 64810 bbadger at x102c.harris-atd.com
Thu Jul 6 07:12:53 AEST 1989

We have a Harris HCX-9 computer, also known as a Tahoe, and we'd like to
get gcc and g++ up and running.  I haven't seen anything refering to
the HCX or any Tahoe machines in the gcc distribution.  Anyone have it?
Working on it?  Pointers to who might?  Know if Berkely cc/ld/asm is PD?

I ``stole'' the following informative blurb from a comp.unix.questions article:
(Note: Tahoe, as in ``4.3BSD-tahoe'', refers to a series of machines
manufactured by CCI [1], Harris [2], Sperry [3], and ICL [4] which were at some
point called `Tahoe' machines.

-----
Notes:
[1] Computer Consoles Inc., headquartered in New York state, USA, Earth,
    Sol system, Outer Spiral Arm, Milky Way galaxy, Andromeda cluster.
    I am not aware of their UniversPost zipcode polymer pattern.  The
    CCI Power-6/32 was the first Tahoe machine.
[2] The Harris HCX-7 and HCX-9 are Tahoes.  Harris is also an east coast
    manufacturer, if I recall correctly.  The HCX-9 uses a VMEbus instead
    of a VERSAbus.
[3] What Sperry's name for their Tahoe is I do not know.  Sperry is the
    name for the result of the merge of Burroughs and Sperry Univac.
    This, too, is an east cost manufacturer.
[4] I know not what ICL stands for, nor what their names may be for their
    Tahoe machines.  They are, however, a UK manufacturer.)

Bernard A. Badger Jr.	407/984-6385          |``Use the Source, Luke!''
Secure Computer Products                      |``Get a LIFE!''  -- J.H. Conway
Harris GISD, Melbourne, FL  32902             |Buddy, can you paradigm?
Internet: bbadger%x102c at trantor.harris-atd.com|'s/./&&/g' Tom sed expansively.