8254 timer usage under Sys V/386 R3.2?

Mike Burg mburg at unix386.Convergent.COM
Tue Feb 5 06:04:59 AEST 1991

In article <107 at calcite.UUCP>, vjs at calcite.UUCP (Vernon Schryver) writes:
[Discussion about timer driver implementation deleted]
> A quick grep thru a copy of the SVR4 os/*.c showed me no signs of itimers.
> I don't see how you could have decent BSD compatibility without them, but
> they didn't call it SV without reason.  (Yes, the original article was
> about SVR3.2.)
> Vernon Schryver,   vjs at calcite.uucp

Try looking at uts/i386/io/hrtimers.c, lib/libc/port/gen/getsetitimer.c,
and lib/libc/port/sys/hrtsys.c. The library routines convert the BSD style
of itimer into the a format use by the HRTSYS system call.