SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Feb 18 13:04:24 AEST 1991

In article <27B93F44.5606 at tct.uucp> chip at tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:

| Forgive me if I react, not by congratulating SCO, but by dropping my
| jaw in mind-boggled astonishment that such a huge, gaping, obvious,
| you-can-drive-a-truck-through-it security hole was ever released by
| ISC or Everex in a beta, much less sold to customers in version after
| version after version.

  I am amazed that the companies didn't fix it instantly and send it by
registered express mail to every owner. In today's litigatious climate,
I can see a jury finding them negligent. And that goes for every other
vendor, although AT&T has an obligation to get the info out to the
source licensees as well, I would think.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX