sysv386 vs. ILC/SLC???

Dave Warner warner at arrayb.uucp
Tue Feb 5 00:25:18 AEST 1991

I would like to pose a question for discussion, i.e.:

	Why would anyone buy a NEW 33 MHz '486 PC to run
	UNIX(tm) vs. buying an ILC or SLC from Sun??? Or,
	for that matter, an S4000 from Solbourne???

I've done some pricing and comparisons and the answer seems obvious
to me, but I'd like your opinions.

No, I don't work for Sun, I've never worked for Sun, I don't want to
work for Sun - I don't even LIKE Sun (I have trouble getting their
salesperson to return my calls!) -- but cost/benefit IS cost/benefit.

Dave