PC Unix and 3Com and Novell networks

Chris Barr barr at frog.UUCP
Sun Feb 10 11:28:00 AEST 1991

In article <martino.665838808 at krypton>, martino at logitek.co.uk (Martin O'Nions) writes:
> paul at actrix.gen.nz (Paul Gillingwater) writes:
>
> >In article <15956 at reed.UUCP> bob at reed.UUCP (Bob Ankeney) writes:
> >> 2) From Unix, can we access the MSDOS files on the novell network?  What
> >>    would be involved?
>
> >Portable Netware for UNIX.  Several vendors have this now.  But only
> >IF the files sit on the server.  I haven't seen any Novell clients
> >for ANY UNIX.
>
> Requests for NetWare clients on Unix seem to meet with polite, but puzzled
> silences from Novell/OEMs alike.

I know that Prime's EXL Unix lacks 'Client NetWare', but ISC has it.  The
glossy marketing sheet from Interactive Systems Corp on 'Interactive
Ported NetWare' says, on side 1:

  Also Available in Client Version
  Ported NetWare is also available in a client version - INTERACTIVE Ported
  Client NetWare - which operates in conjunction with INTERACTIVE VP/Ix*.
  {this} allows INTERACTIVE Unix systems to operate as clients to NetWare
  servers, so UNIX users can access services, files, and applications on
  NetWare servers.