Roell X386 x11r4 vga server

David Dawes dawes at suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU
Sat Feb 16 21:39:46 AEST 1991

This might be a silly question, but...

Is it possible to use Thomas Roell's x11r4 server with a _standard_ VGA
card?  I know that the resolution/speed/#colours won't be much compared
with the ET[34]000 based cards, but I would like to be able to run an
x11r4 server on a couple of 386 boxes that only have standard VGA cards
and screens.

I've had a look at the X386 source, and it seems this is not supported.
The question is: would it be feasible/easy to add such support?

David