Esix verses the rest of 386-unix

Darryl Okahata darrylo at hpnmdla.HP.COM
Thu Feb 21 04:48:42 AEST 1991

In comp.unix.sysv386, jh at efd.lth.se (Joergen Haegg) writes:

> Is there any difference between Esix and the other types like SCO and
> Interactive?
>
> Esix seems to be the cheapest alternative,
> but is there any problem with it?

     The biggest thing Esix is missing (in my opinion) is a real BSD
sockets library (both ISC and SCO have it).  Esix has a library that
appears to be a BSD socket library (the routine names in the library
*appear* to be BSD socket routine names), but it's not.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	UUCP: {hplabs!, hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpnmd!darrylo
	Internet: darrylo%hpnmd at relay.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion or policy of Hewlett-Packard or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.