various bugs in ISC 3.2.2

Axel Fischer fischer at utower.tower.in-berlin.de
Sat Feb 2 21:24:56 AEST 1991

mike at vort.uucp (Mike Nemeth) writes:
>- system always prints "umount: /usr busy" at shutdown time. i can't find
>  a process that's using /usr at the time.
I have this problem only if a process actually uses the /usr filesystem.
a normal shutdown does not make any problems. Must be a problem at your site.

>- mouse movement under vpix is S-L-O-W. we're talking snail's pace here.
Right, I noticed the same.

>- unix commands run under vpix (ie. env) cause the screen to clear and
>  nothing else happens. switching to another virtual terminal and then
>  back again redraws the vpix screen, showing that the command appears
>  not to have printed anything, and there's another vpix prompt. exiting
>  vpix causes screen to go into reverse video.

Again at my site Unix commands are working perfectly well. Must be a a setup
problem at your site.

>- programs under vpix are not displayed in color. (ie. norton editor
>  under dos comes up in blue and white, under vpix same program comes
>  up in monochrome) this makes it impossible to use programs like quickbasic
>  under vpix (don't rag me about inferior languages and packages, okay?)

I have also color under vpix. No problem. Are you sure you are using the vgarom
in /usr/vpix/defaults/vpix.cnf ????

-Axel
--
 fischer at utower.tower.in-berlin.de  /  fischer at tmpmbx.UUCP

 DoD #0228  '89 Suzuki GSX600F  |  That is not dead, which can eternal lie.
 Go fast - take chances.        |  Yet with strange aeons, even death may die.