Equinox hardware flow control

Super user root at equinox.UUCP
Tue Feb 19 04:30:53 AEST 1991

In article <145 at ipars.UUCP> scotto at ipars.UUCP (Scott O'Connell) writes:
>In article <1991Feb14.134714.5407 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>>bill at astph.UUCP (Bill Dripps) writes:
>>
>>>We are evaluating Equinox's 24 port Megaport. It looks like a good
>>>board. Unfortunately the key tech support person is on vacation this
>>>week. Sigh.
>>
>>>Anybody know how to turn on hardware flow control using ISC UNIX? The
>>>manual tells how for Xenix, but no hints for ISC. Did I miss it?

Hi, Larry, I find this hard to believe, but what I've been told is that
Interactive does not support hardware flow control RTS/CTS. Is this
true?

I'd try it anyway. Use the stty command and turn on rtsflow and ctsflow
and turn off ixon. I know under SCO Unix this works and I can't believe
that Interactive wouldn't support something this basic. There's no need
to use the +fmc flag unless you want hardware flow control with full
modem control. What kind of device are you hooking up?