Unix/386 TeX binaries

Geraldo Veiga ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 16 04:00:08 AEST 1991

Is there any interest in a ftp'able binary distribution of TeX for
Unix/386 systems?

I can make mine available through one of the local ftp sites.

I posted a similar message to comp.text.tex, but only got a couple of
for such package.  After all, readers of text.tex are already TeX
users.

The idea would be to offer a self contained collection of TeX +
Metafont binaries ( from the latest web2c compiled with gcc) and
formated manual pages.  This was generated under ISC 2.2.  I am
assuming the binaries should run unchanged on the other SysV 3.2
implementations.

In addition the binaries, I would include the essential TeX, LaTeX and
Metafont input files, and a full working system could be built.
I don't have X-Windows in my machine yet, so I'd need contributions (
xdvi, texx X-metafont) on the X side.

Any Suggestions?