ESIX FFS: what's the verdict?

Bob Willcox bob at rancor.UUCP
Tue Feb 12 13:13:35 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb11.170922.3899 at ingres.Ingres.COM> seg at ingres.com (scott e garfinkle) writes:
>Well, if you stick to the Adaptec controller and a Maxtor drive and
>don't use the BSD fs type (255 character filenames), it seems to be pretty
>stable for both root and user partitions.  Any other combinations, though,
>is pretty deadly.  Oh yeah, make sure you don't run out of inodes on the
>fs either -- that causes kernel panics.

Well, I have been running the FFS for all my partitions since last
summer without any problems.  I am using an UltraStor 12F controller
with Maxtor disks.  Fortunately (it seems) I have not had an occasion
(yet) to run out of inodes.

--
Bob Willcox             ...!{rutgers|ames}!cs.utexas.edu!romp!rancor!bob
Phone: 512 258-4224