BAD HZ VALUE --- Error

Ken Lerman lerman at stpstn.UUCP
Tue Feb 12 02:36:23 AEST 1991

In article <1831 at chinacat.Unicom.COM> chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) writes:

-!Sure.  Create another user login, say `rootx', which is an exact duplicate
-of `root', except you use `/bin/csh' as the login shell.
-
-WHOOOPS!!!  Oh...you said SCO.  Never mind.  SCO has decided for you that
-you wouldn't want to create two accounts with the same UID.
-
-Fuck relaxed mode.  Please give me an off switch.
-
---
-Chip Rosenthal  512-482-8260  |
-Unicom Systems Development    |    I saw Elvis in my wtmp file.
-<chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM>    |

So, is there a workaround?  I want to create an account which is an
exact duplicate of root, except with /etc/haltsys as the login shell.
How can I do that?  If I can't is there another way to let a local
user shutdown the system without giving him root privilege?

Ken