Unix/386 TeX binaries

Geraldo Veiga ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 23 06:08:35 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb22.032239.18297 at gozer.UUCP> klm at gozer.UUCP (Kevin L. McBride) writes:

>>		    math.berkeley.edu (128.32.183.94)
>>		    file pub/tex386ix.tar.Z
>
>Well, I tried to 'ftp 128.32.183.94' and this is the response I got:
>
>ftp: connect: Network is unreachable
>ftp>

It works from here -- Of course the two systems are literally next door.

>Gee, Why could that be?  You guys (and gals) on the Internet have got
>it so easy.  While you're busy 'ftp'ing away I hope that you don't
>forget about us unforuntate souls who only have uucp and a modem for
>our connections to the outside world.

Let them eat cake. :-).  Seriouly, since my only connection out of my
home machine is a 2400 modem, I do sympathize.  On the other hand,
what is the alternative?  Is there a site where this type of things
(386 binaries) would be more at home?

If anyone is interested in having the TeX binaries and doesn't  have
any reasonable way of downloading, drop me a line.  We can work
something out with 5 1/4 floppies and the post office.

	Geraldo