Sun yp/nis access using SVR4

Robert Adams adams at trim.intel.com
Wed Feb 13 07:29:47 AEST 1991

In article <KPT.91Feb4173004 at dirty.doc.ic.ac.uk>, kpt at doc.ic.ac.uk (Kevin Twidle) writes:
|> SVR4 NIS does not seem to have the nickname facility that SunOS NIS
|> has and I failed to get my system to pick up the Suns password file
|> etc.
|>
|> What do I have to do to get this to work?

AT&T made the decision to not incorporate the NIS database stuff
into the system files (passwd, ...).  I hear that they plan to make
the code or routines to do this available via the ToolChest or some
such for those people who need the feature.

        -- Robert Adams         adams at littlei.intel.com
                                ...!uunet!littlei!adams
Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed here are my own and are not
     representative of Intel Corporation.