SCO UNIX V/386 3.2 with Intel 387 cooprocessor: What's wrong with it?

Tillman Basien basien at pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de
Thu Feb 28 18:32:38 AEST 1991

jpr at jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:

>In article <4998 at cui.unige.ch> dimitri at cui.unige.ch (Dimitri Konstantas) writes:
>>
>>I have an AST 386/25 and I tried to install the 387 cooprocessor,
>>but it seems that the SCO UNIX does not like it!
>>It panics at random moments (probably because of some signal) and it cannot
>>boot.
>>Has anybody installed the 387 cooprocessor with SCO UNIX V?
>>Does is works? Were there any problems?

>Here on a Continental Computer, SCO Unix 3.2.2 is running with a '387
>installed. No problems.

	Here at PEM all maschines are running with SCO UNIX 3.2.2 and there
	no problem with the CO.
	But during the installation we alweays make the same mistakte. We
	forgett to enable the CO on the motherboard, so the kernal will
	panic.
	After setting a new jumper configuration on the motherboard everything
	is well.
	So have a look on your motherboard, wether there is a single jumper
	for the CO. Try the other constelation .

	Hope this helps

	Tillmann

--
					             basien at PEM-Stuttgart.de
Dipl.-Ing. Tillmann A. Basien           PEM Programmentwicklungsgesellschaft