SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Fri Feb 22 06:35:29 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb21.141349.26015 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>This kind of change will require a recompile of every module that accesses
>the user structure plus some additional changes in the setup code that places
>the user structure at virtual adress 0xE...

Which happens to include just about every device driver, and *does* include
things like NFS.  No, it's not an easy change (well, actually, it's an
*easy* change to make, provided you do it with all the sources to
everything, and then recompile it all 8-().  I, personally, am interested to
see if they are going to do it in a compatable manner...

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."