Total restore problem with SCO c2

David Hoopes david at talgras.UUCP
Mon Feb 11 01:16:09 AEST 1991

I am having a problem with the C2 security in SCO Unix. Here is what happened.

Configuration:
	SCO Unix 3.2.2
	C2 security relaxed.
	backup created with find/cpio

The root filesystem crashed.  I reinstalled the system from the distribution
diskettes.  Then I installed the drivers for my tape drive.  Then I did a
total restore of my backup tape (overwriting everything).  Then I rebooted.
Everthing seemed to be working except that the root login keeps getting error
message indicating that root is not authorized to do things.  Is there a way
to fix the Authorization junk?

This same recovery method has worked on SCO Xenix and Interactive Unix.