Problems with VP/ix and NO CARRIER

Dave McLane davidg at aegis.UUCP
Fri Feb 22 00:23:38 AEST 1991

I have installed VP/ix on ISC V3.2 R2.2 and am having some problems
when the carrier goes down when in VP/ix.

Specifically, I have a T2500 running on ttyd0 and if the carrier
disappears in the ttyd0 -sh process, it is replaced by ? getty. But
when the carrier disappears in a VP/ix running as a sub-process to
sh, both the ttyd0 and vpix processes just sit there and the next
caller is whoever was logged on before!

If I login as root and kill the VP/ix process, the ttyd0 process
remains and, again, the next person who connects is whoever was
logged on before. However, if I ttyd0 process, both the ttyd0 and
vpix disappear and everything cycles back to getty.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to go about fixing this?

--Dave