connections still hang in CLOSED

Neal Pollack nealpo at b1.ism.isc.com
Mon Feb 18 17:22:30 AEST 1991

In article <654400017 at cdp> steve at cdp.UUCP writes:

>The problem with tcp/ip connections hanging in CLOSED state,
>and accepting no more connections on a particular tcp port
>
>Could you please give me some information :

The tcp closed socket problem *is* currently being addressed, and is
a logged bug.  It has been replicated in house, and is being worked on.

Disclaimer:  I am not part of support or development, so please do not
drown me with mail.  I am simply posting this to assure you that we
are listening, and are working on it at a high priority.

Sincerely,

Neal Pollack