Budget 1024x728 non-interlaced monitors? Recommdations invited

Chin Fang fangchin at elaine45.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 13 16:43:32 AEST 1991

Greetings,

I would like to ask an open question regarding the availability of high-res
monitors with a moderate price tag.

Requirements:

1. 15" to 16" diagonal screen size (viewing area 1" less?)
2. 1024x728 non-interlaced (don't like fliker)
3. flat screen like SUN sparc's monitor (so NEC 4D with it's double curvatured
   screen, is not really to my liking. Besides, it's expansive)
4. price range less then 1K. (<---IMPORTANT!)
5. .28 or less dot pixel size.
6. available in United States, mail order is fine.

Please email me your response.  I will summarize if there is enough interest.

I have been trying to find such monitor for use with X, but so far the
closest thing is OptiQuest's $750 entry, but I cann't find any real thing to
take a look.  Besides it's 15" screen size (14" or so viewing area), which
is still kind of small.

A un-related info, Conner Perpherials is going to introduce a 300+ Meg and a
500+ drive the same size as the current ones, ie. 3.5" form factor.  Per
someone in the business, the price of the 300+ drive will be *almost* the
same as the price of the current 210 meg ($800 or so)  So people thinking about
upgrading their storage subsystem may be better off waiting for a while.

They will be available in 2nd quarter per my source of info. Call Conner
Marketing if you wish, I don't know anything else other than what I wrote above.

Regards,

Chin Fang
Mechanical Engineering Department
Stanford University