3+User upgrade help *wanted*

Jan Cabri janc at vub.UUCP
Wed Feb 27 20:40:02 AEST 1991

Hi there!

  My experience with unix (and particulary ISC) is somewhat limited.  I have been trying to set up a test site running ISC UNIX Rel. 3.2.2.  When I tried however to install the 3+user extention,  it gave me an error:
  Error 105: Unable to upgrade to an unlimited user system.

What I now would like to know is:  what means this error 105?

Further specs are:
	System: Compaq 386s/387s 16Mhz,  9Mb memory, 104Mb HD
	        3COM 3C503 Ethernet adapter

Then I'd like to know if any of the virtual terminals could be run on a second
display.  I have two adapters,  a VGA incorporated and a Hercules monochrome.

I'd appreciate *all* your ideas and responses.

This second screen would be used mainly for console I/O.  I never run anything
but kill -x processes (and shutdown) thru the console.  So it would be an ideal
console monitor device,  if it were to display it's data on the second monitor
attached to the system.

I'm fairly new to this group,  so please excuse me if I would have broken any
rule of this group by posting this message.  If so, please be so kind as to
mail me information on this subject.

Looking forward to your replies,

			Jan CABRI, ...!mcvax!vub!janc