SCO Unix video&network

Randy M. Rohrer rmr at tove.cs.umd.edu
Thu Feb 14 08:27:46 AEST 1991

I'm setting up a SCO Unix system and have two questions for anyone
with previous experience:

1.  can i use 3Com 3C505 board.  I have a 3C501 but would prefer the
	505.  the release notes I have list only the 3C501 and 3C503.

2.  i have a NEC 4D monitor and would like to run X in 1024x768 mode.
	which graphics card should i use.  i tried my 1024i card to
	no avail.  the release notes only confirm the orchid designer
	card, with the disclaimer that it affects some other cards
	(i.e., the 3Com 3C503). is anyone using 1024x768 and, if so,
	what card do you use?

as a constraint on (2), if i switched to the R4 Xserver, does it
support 1024x768, and, if so, on what video card?

i welcome ANY responses with any insight.  my address is:
	Joe R. c/o:	rmr at tove.cs.umd.edu