security bug in ISC sysv386. here's a quick fix.

John G. DeArmond jgd at Dixie.Com
Thu Feb 14 08:49:07 AEST 1991

randy at chinet.chi.il.us (Randy Suess) writes:

>	That only works if you have a math coprocessor.  I have an idea
>	that the majority of ISC systems don't have them, and many are
>	public access systems.

You might be surprised.  Dixie.com has a 387 only because it had to be
there to get ISC 2.0.2 to boot!  We laughingly called it ISC's $500
copy protection Dongle that knew how to add :-)

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC        | "Purveyors of speed to the Trade"  (tm)
Rapid Deployment System, Inc. |  Home of the Nidgets (tm)