S5R4

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at Kepler.dell.com
Sat Feb 2 10:54:44 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan31.002948.12716 at smsc.sony.com>, tin at smsc.sony.com
(Tin Le (Tin Man)) writes:

> 	- plenty of bugs in the network/STREAMS.  Hint: try ftp.

There are a various bugs in different places but overall I've found the
network code to be relatively stable.  ftp has bugs in some commands but
its basic function (file transfer) worked without problem in all my
tests (there were problems at the ethernet and token ring driver level,
but not in ftp itself).

I'd be interested in any specifics you can give.  I work mainly with the
network portion of the system and would like to see it cleaned up as
much as possible.

Michael J. Hammel        | mjhammel@{Kepler|socrates}.dell.com
Dell Computer Corp.      | {73377.3467|76424.3024}@compuserve.com
#include <disclaim/std>  | zzham at ttuvm1.bitnet | uunet!uudell!feynman!mjhammel
#define CUTESAYING "Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way."