Reorganize file systems in ISC 2.2?

Brandon Brown brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 13 01:50:01 AEST 1991

marc at jahangir.UUCP (Marc Rossner) writes:

>My problem is that now I would like to put the root and /usr filesystems
>on the second disk (because it is twice as big as the first and I need
>the space under /usr for software that automatically looks there).

I think your basic problem is that you have to have a bootable Unix partition
on the primary drive. I think the best you can do is to create a small
Unix partition on drive 0 for root, and then partition the second drive with
the entire drive for /usr. Then, the left over space from drive 0 could
be your /usr/spool....

[Yes, I read this paragraph....]
>The COMBINED space on disk0 is just about right for a single /usr/spool
>filesystem for my news articles (which now live on disk1), but the
>size of the current /usr is too small, so I need to coalesce disk0 into
>a single file system.

|  Brandon Brown                     | Internet: brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu    |
|  Coordinated Science Laboratory    | UUCP:	 uiucuxc!addamax!brando!brown |
|  University of Illinois            | CompuServe: 73040,447                  |
|  Urbana, IL  61801                 | GEnie:    xmg23356, macbrando          |