SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

Dave McLane davidg at aegis.UUCP
Sat Feb 16 14:10:07 AEST 1991

larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:

> davidg at aegis.UUCP (Dave McLane) writes:
>
> >New, but related subject: when ISC fires up after the login it puts
> >this really grotesque series of lines about copyrights and such
> >which I would like to get rid of. Anybody know if this is possible?
>
> yes  - find a replacement for /bin/login - or edit the one that comes
> with 386/ix

Of course <smile>. Login is what shows up under ps -eal when
somebody is logging in. Thanks for pointing out the (almost) obvious!

Being new to UNIX (as you can probably guess) I don't know how to
edit binary stuff but fortunately I'm running VPIX and am a long
time user of SYMDEB.EXE which worked fine.

Actually, I run under VPIX most of the time as I have gotten used
to having NDE (Norton Command Line Editor) which lets me pop up the last
20 commands and edit them....

--Dave