Copyright startup lines <was: SECURITY BUG IN ISC UNIX SYSV386>

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Sat Feb 16 06:27:42 AEST 1991

davidg at aegis.UUCP (Dave McLane) writes:

>New, but related subject: when ISC fires up after the login it puts
>this really grotesque series of lines about copyrights and such
>which I would like to get rid of. Anybody know if this is possible?

	This assault of the copyright credit lines is not limited to ISC.
We have a copy of SCO's ODT in the office which credits the sources for
all the ODT components, EVEN IF NOT INSTALLED! Strange, on the old System III
and V.2 boxes I'd played with, which included copyrighted contributions from
UCB, for example, all I encountered was a clean login prompt. I suspect
these references are all coming out of /bin/login.

	On a related issue, both ISC and SCO UNIX *prefix* the login prompt
with a node name reference and a couple of new lines. *This* one, I believe,
comes out of getty.