AT&T hardware / SCO software agreement

Pete Holsberg pjh at tech.uucp
Thu Feb 28 15:00:31 AEST 1991

In article <4362383 at bfmny0.BFM.COM> tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM (Tom Neff) writes:
=I see where AT&T and SCO have agreed to ensure compatibility between the
=newer AT&T WGS's and SCO SV/386 R3.2.  Basically the WGS's, StarLAN and
=other AT&T products will be certified for use with SCO.  AT&T is not
=giving up their own shrink wrapped product, they're just admitting that
=this other vendor exists and allowing their hardware onto SCO's official
=list.
=
=Just thought you'd like to know.

Where'd you hear that, Tom?  I just heard that SVR4 would eventually
support SCO UNIX extensions, including the x.out (I think that's what
he called it) executables.

Do you think that AT&T would loosen up enough to recognize that their
software will run on other folks' hardware?

Pete
--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math