Unix/386 TeX binaries

Kevin L. McBride klm at gozer.UUCP
Fri Feb 22 14:22:39 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb19.002119.1152 at agate.berkeley.edu> ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu (Geraldo Veiga) writes:

>		    math.berkeley.edu (128.32.183.94)
>		    file pub/tex386ix.tar.Z

Well, I tried to 'ftp 128.32.183.94' and this is the response I got:

ftp: connect: Network is unreachable
ftp>

Gee, Why could that be?  You guys (and gals) on the Internet have got
it so easy.  While you're busy 'ftp'ing away I hope that you don't
forget about us unforuntate souls who only have uucp and a modem for
our connections to the outside world.

osu-cis's Trailblazer is fried and trying to download stuff in V.32,
non-MNP mode through their Micom port selector is an exercise in
throwing money at the phone company.

Please, Please, Please, put this stuff in a place that is readily
accesible to the uucp domain.

--
Kevin L. McBride     |Contract programming (on and offsite)   |Brewmeister and
President            |X, Motif, TCP/IP, UNIX, VAX/VMS,        |Bottle Washer