ISC, lp, and "&"

Evan R Aussenberg erast1 at unix.cis.pitt.edu
Tue Feb 19 15:22:20 AEST 1991

I can't get my lp interface (ISC) to print a file containing
an ampersand ("&").  Heck, I think I tried most everything:

    lp file\&test       :This works almost.  I get mail about an lp error
    lp file\\\&test     :Doesn't work at all.  Command line error, can't
                         find file 'file\&test'

And, yes, I did have a file called "file&test" to play with.  I
looked at my printer interface file which is a real real simple
version of the dumb printer interface... looks okay to me.

Is there a way to do this, or will I have to rename my few files
that have the "&" ?

Thanks- Evan.
PS- I didn't see this answered in the FAQ...
--
Evan Ron Aussenberg
erast1 at unix.cis.pitt.edu
IN%"erast1 at pittunix"