SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Fri Feb 15 14:56:43 AEST 1991

In article <15126 at uudell.dell.com> jrh at mustang.dell.com (James Howard) writes:
>I have tried the program posted earlier on both Dell
>SVR3.2 (which is ISC 2.0.2 based) and Dell SVR4.0 (not in any way
>related to ISC ;-) ).  It core dumps faithfully on both.

Based on what I've read here (not just in regards to the security
hole), I'm starting to get the feeling that Dell is the only UNIX
vendor that has its act together.  I think I might just buy Dell's
SVR4.0 even though upgrading my ESIX will probably be cheaper.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)