X386 1.1

Thomas Roell roell at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Thu Feb 14 20:46:19 AEST 1991

>Is their a way I can use the Interactive's PVGA 1024x768 server with
>X11R4?
>
>So, are clients from X11R3 binary compatible with X11R4?

Yes, you should be able to run X11R4 (X386) clients under the ISC Xserver.
Also it is possible to run X11R3 clients under X386. You just have to set
the server-option 'bc'. I tested X386 with ISC's Motif and Visix Looking
Glass.

>1. I also have a Paradise 1024 card, but would consider moving to a
>   ET4000 one.  Would the the ET4000 server work in interlaced mode (my
>   monitor is interlaced at 1024x768)?

The ET4000 driver works also in Interlaced mode. Just uncomment the correct
line in /usr/lib/X11/X386/Xconfig. And DO NOT USE overscan with interlaced
mode. This wont work.

>2. What ftp sites have X386 1.1.   I am in California, it doesn't seem
>   reasonable  to bring 20M all the way from Germany.

I put the sources on expo.lcs.mit.edu (X386.tar.Z)

- Thomas
E-Mail (domain):	 roell at lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
UUCP (if above fails):   roell at tumult.{uucp | informatik.tu-muenchen.de}
famous last words: "diskspace - the final frontier..."