FAS 2.08 async driver, part 1/4

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 05:05:23 AEST 1991

gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de (Uwe Doering) writes:

XENIX: The installation procedure for Xenix is completely different
> X       from the other UNIX flavors.
> X       In file `fas.h' you need to uncomment the `NEED_PUT_GETCHAR'
> X       define before you compile the sources.

This is apparently untrue if update UFM (and probably UFJ) is installed
(which causes the kernel version to go up to 2.3.3) since sio{get,put}char
are in ../io/vpixio.a and will collide with FAS's sio{get,put}char if
you define the NEED_PUT_GETCHAR symbol.  No, I haven't got VPIX,
but xenix 2.3.3 contains bits of vpix support.  I did define HAVE_VPIX
in fas.h though.

Oh, yes, I did install FAS on a xenix box *WITHOUT* software development
system :-) gcc + _divsi3.o from gcc-gnulib *seem* to be OK although
I admit it's not a machine I use, the only data that has passed through
that copy of FAS is a couple of mail messages at 2400 baud through a modem.
So take what I say with a pinch of salt :-)
--
Ronald Khoo <ronald at robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)