two TB+ modems && uucp

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Sat Feb 9 16:20:54 AEST 1991

There are two sites each running Esix 5.3.2-D Unix with the FAS async driver
(one has 2.07, the other 2.08) and each has a Trailblazer Plus modem locked at
19200 and UUCP spoofing.

Sometimes I notice that the throughput on a particular UUCP conversation with
the other site is abysmal,
on the order of 100 to 200 bytes/sec; my usual throughput is close to 1400
bytes/sec.  In fact, (when sending) I can see the SD light flicker, followed by
the RD then a little more flickering of the SD, etc.  Normally the SD and RD
lights are on steady.  I can practically count the bytes as they go across!

Now, if I kill the conversation and just restart it (with Uutry) the normal
speed is attained.  Nothing else changes.  Is this the result of some sort of
out of synch in the UUCP conversation?  If so, i would think that the
conversation would quickly either fail or synch-up.  Is this a bug in the TB+
and UUCP?

derek
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG -- U of MN Women's Lax
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need