Need to Address i/o ports directoly HELP!!

Yermo M. Lamers yml at grebyn.com
Thu Feb 14 15:45:24 AEST 1991

Here's the situation:

I've got a digital I/O board with some digital outputs and some digital
inputs and this board sits at a given I/O address in my 386 (running SCO
Opendesktop).

I need to write a program that turns on relays and reads stati.
Therefore I need to be able to write bytes out to the I/O port and read
bytes from an adjacent I/O port. (it's a very simple card).

In the SCO unix manuals they described a system for directly accessing
the video boards (EGA, VGA and the like). Is there a way without writing
a device driver to write/read bytes to/from an I/O port?  Has anyone out
there already solved a similar problem?

I've been unable to find a Digital I/O vendor who had a Unix Device
Driver.

Can anyone on the net give me some insights? please?

Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Please send replies to :

yml at grebyn.com

Thanks.

Yermo Lamers
yml at grebyn.com