1 Gigabyte drives

Andy Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Sun Feb 24 07:17:54 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb20.220548.6054 at news.larc.nasa.gov> jka at radar0.larc.nasa.gov (J. Keith Alston) writes:

> Hello,
>     I'm running interactive unix 2.2 and am looking into 1 Gb. SCSI
>     drives. I have the Adaptec 1542A controller and am thinking about
>     a Fujitsu drive because of the 5 yr warrenty. Anyone out there have
>     any experience good or bad, with 1 Gb. drives under ISC 2.2? Any help
>     would be appreciated.
>--
>"In this world you must be OH so smart or OH so pleasant...
>			 I recommend pleasant"----> Elwood P. Dowd
>Lockheed Eng. and Sci. Co./Nasa Larc|J. Keith Alston jka at radar0.larc.nasa.gov

I have a 660Mb Fujitsu (not on an ISC machine) and am happy with it.

I am posting because I found a good price for Fujitsu drives recently.
$1470 for 660Mb and $2266 for 1.2 Gb from R-squared, 415 438 0800.

Has anyone had experience with R-squared???

They claim to support the 48 hour turnaround for the 5 year warranty.

Andy

--
Andy Burgess
Independent Software Consultant and Developer
aab at cichlid.com
uunet!silma!cichlid!aab