Equinox -vs- AT&T 6386E

Lee Bertagnolli lbert359 at pallas.athenanet.com
Wed Feb 20 14:42:39 AEST 1991

I have recently endeavored to install an Equinox Megaports 12-port board in
my AT&T 6386E (20MHz Olivetti-built) running AT&T Sys V 3.2.3.  There seems
to be some sort of conflict.  When the board is physically installed in the
system, the floppy drives are no longer accessible (which makes it rather
difficult to install the device drivers :-).  Equinox has suggested that
there is a PAL upgrade to the Olivetti motherboard, but AT&T does not
acknowledge that any such upgrade exists (I talked with my local service guys
*and* called the hotline, but nobody knew anything).  Equinox has sent me
two different boards, but to no avail.

This is particularly frustrating.  The AT&T supplied IPC boards aren't worth
a darn.  I had a DigiBoard C/X board, which worked great, but costs nearly
twice the money as the Megaports.  Does anybody have any ideas?

--
+ Lee Bertagnolli                +                      Voice: (217) 529-0359 +
+ West Lake Computers            +                      Data:  (217) 529-0261 +