SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Sat Feb 16 14:36:16 AEST 1991

In article <15185 at uudell.dell.com> jrh at mustang.dell.com (James Howard) writes:
>So, now for the facts, right?   The following machine configurations were
>tested, and did not display the bug.  The test was done by compiling the
>source as posted here on USENET.

I tested the program on kithrup, once with the fpu recognized, once with the
fpu disable (booting with 'ignorefpu' at the boot: prompt).  It failed both
times, as I'd expected.  (Hey, I was being paranoid before I posted, what
can I say? 8-))  This was under SCO UNIX 3.2v2.

Hmm... I think I shall ask someone about 386BSD 8-).

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."