SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Thu Feb 21 04:25:48 AEST 1991

According to rbe at yrloc.ipsa.reuter.COM (Robert Bernecky):
>Anybody who is stuck writing programs in ANY computer language, including
>APL and C today is going to write code that has bugs in it. Period.

Of course.  But any company that sells version after version of an OS,
knowing full well that each of those versions has a truck-sized hole
in its security, and not taking step one to fix that bug, deserves all
the criticism that can be generated.

(BTW, I know that there are people at ISC, and I presume also at
Everex, that knew about the bug and tried to get it fixed.  I
sympathize with you for having chosen bozos for employers.)
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT      <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
"It's not a security hole, it's a SECURITY ABYSS." -- Christoph Splittgerber