Roell's X386 and Oak VGA

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Feb 11 03:51:34 AEST 1991

In article <706 at kings.co.uk> lls at kings.co.uk (Lady Lodge Systems) writes:

| If the response is junk it and buy a decent card - OK but what
| suggestions?  My colour Mitsubishi monitor can hack 64 KHz (1240x1024 I
| believe) so what are the options?

  SWAN sells a board based on the ET4000, which is available with 1MB
for $199. It works with all the DOS software, and with V.4 VGA software.
I'm waiting for someone else to do the port to V.4, since competent
people are working on it at Dell, so I heven't tried the fancy modes. I
have a lot of 1152x900 stuff from Sun which I want to try when it's
available.

  If you're running V.3.2 and have the server already built, you can
just change it to ET4000 while the card is in the mail.

  BTW: the card was advertized for $229 with 1MB, by I waited too long
to order it, and the price went down to $199. Who says procrastination
doesn't pay?
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX