ISC Multi-User Extension

Dave McLane davidg at aegis.UUCP
Thu Feb 28 22:46:09 AEST 1991

I have ISC UNIX System V/386 R 3.2 V2.2 Architech Multi-User but
after I install the Multi-User Extension and try and turn on more
than one tty with the sysadm; ttymgmt; modtty function, it still
gives the message:

  WARNING: The number of ttys in the "on" state is at the license
  limit. Before turning on a tty you must first change the state of
  another tty to "off".

However, I can change edit /etc/inittab with vi and turn on
more than one tty.

There must be a magic something or other someplace. Does anybody
know where it is?

Thanks in advance,

Dave McLane <davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp>