FAQ for Roell and a question

DURIAN MICHAEL BLAINE durian at news.colorado.edu
Fri Feb 8 04:17:40 AEST 1991

  If this escaped the first time I tried to post, I appologize for the
repeat.

  Is there a FAQ for Roell's X11R4 server?  I didn't pay attention to most
of the postings on the server because I had a bus mouse.  Now I've got
another 386 running ESIX with a serial mouse, and I'd like to put up
X11R4 on it.  I bet most of my problems (present and future) have been
asked before.

  My current situation is thus: I've picked up the binaries from
freebie.engin.umich.edu and have transfered them to my new machine, and
installed them.  I've made sure SHLBMAX is set to 6.  I've got a logitech
serial mouse attached.  And finally, I get this error message when I try
xinit:

Fatal server bug!
Cannot establish any listening sockets
/usr2/mike/.xserverrc: 1148 Bus error - core dumped
giving up.
/usr/bin/X11/xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  unable to connect to
X server

  I should add that I've never install X11R3 on this system.  Do I need
anything from that package?  Any drivers, such as for the mouse?
  I know my problem is going to be something silly and stupid, but for now
it is just a mystery to me.
durian at tramp.colorado.edu
{ncar, ucar, rutgers, big_places}!boulder!tramp!durian
durian at tramp.colorado.edu
{ncar, ucar, rutgers, big_places}!boulder!tramp!durian