FAS 2.08 space-c1-3 question

Uwe Doering gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Fri Feb 15 23:44:16 AEST 1991

gomez at enuxha.eas.asu.edu (Jose L. Gomez-Rubio) writes:

>I have a COM3-4 board that uses INT/IRQ 2 & 5.  I have a Logitech bus mouse
>using INT 5.  Can COM3 and bus mouse co-exist?  It is mentioned that
>I may need to "or" HAS_FIFO macro.  If not possible, I can use COM4 at INT 2.
>Anyone know the value I replace for fas_vec array value 0x9?  I would
>prefer that I use all COM1-4 ports.  All UARTs are NS16550AFN.

For this kind of serial card you need a separate IRQ line for every
port. And no, it can't share an IRQ with a bus mouse. That's all due to
hardware limitations in the AT bus design, and not a problem with FAS.

Therefor, you can only use as much ports as you have IRQs available. BTW,
the macro you mention is `NO_FIFO', not `HAS_FIFO'. But it doesn't have any
effect with bus mice, anyway (it's only for serial mice connected to
an FAS port).

     Uwe
Uwe Doering  |  INET : gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Germany      |  UUCP : ...!unido!fub!geminix.in-berlin.de!gemini