Looking Glass for ISC 2.2

Brian Smith brians at eecs.cs.pdx.edu
Fri Feb 15 17:36:36 AEST 1991

Has anyone encountered this failure in Looking Glass for ISC?  I have added
my license:

	188 shorty [X11]: vls -l
	Serial number 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX': Looking Glass, 5 users
	189 shorty [X11]:

I am in init level 3, and inetd is running, and I have started the license
server via "vls -q" (verified by a ps -ef).  However, lg can't seem to connect
to the license server!

	The License Server does not appear to be running. Looking Glass
	cannot be run without a License Server.  Please ask your system
	administrtor to start the License Server program.

Do I need to enter something in the /etc/services file?  Something else
not in the manual?  What kind of socket does vls create, and why isn't
lg finding it?

Brian

ARPANET:   brians at cs.pdx.edu
UUCP:      {ucbvax,uunet,gatech}!tektronix!psueea!eecs!brians