high speed drives

Fred Miller fmiller at dobie.UUCP
Tue Feb 12 15:35:08 AEST 1991

fr at icdi10.UUCP (Fred Rump from home) writes:

>The Micropolis 1684 SCSI drives promise something like 3.9 MS 'effective'
>access time with something like a 4.0 MB/sec transfer rate.

>Sounds great.

>Anybody use these yet? And how fast are they really?

>What controllers have you used?

>I'm particularly interested for functionality under SCO UNIX or Xenix.

I think the general concensus is that the "best" host adapter (most SCSI
controllers are on the hard drive) is the Adaptec 1542, current version
is "B".  I haven't used the Micropolis 1684 so maybe someone else can
help you with that.

						Fred

--
  F&J Enterprises                   |  bluemoon!dobie!fmiller
  International Network Marketing   |  The Common Sense BBS